beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deprecating NetUI's FormData
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:05:16 GMT
OK, this is in with revision 344895.

I did find the *single* bit of usefulness in extending FormData.  Like
the Struts ActionForm, it allows you to perform initialization and other
logic in a reset() method.  This method is called before population of
data from the request, and it has access to the request object.

Given this, I'd propose exposing something like prePopulate() through an
interface.  My preference would be to have a single interface (FormBean)
that either contains both prePopulate() and validate(), or extends two
separate interfaces for each of those two methods.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Rich