beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Struts 1.1 and Validator support
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:46:45 GMT
Due to an issue we discovered a little while ago, it's not possible to
generate files into WEB-INF during Page Flow compilation like we used
to; instead, we generate to WEB-INF/classes.  This works great for
Struts, where we can force it to read files from the classloader instead
of from the ServletContext.  Unfortunately, the Struts 1.1 Validator
plugin can *only* read files from the ServletContext, not from
classloader.  So we're currently getting it to look into WEB-INF/classes
through the ServletContext, which is not only strange, but it breaks the
assumption that resources in WEB-INF/classes can be moved anywhere on
classpath.  I think this leaves us with three options:

    1) Remove support for declarative validation under Struts 1.1.
    2) Support declarative validation under Struts 1.1, but only with a
workaround (simple file-copy as part of the build).
    3) Do nothing; continue to allow Struts to read Validator config
files from the path "/WEB-INF/classes/_pageflow/pageflow-validation-*.xml.

I lean towards #2.  Any other thoughts on this, though?

Rich