beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Daryl Olander <dolan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SimpleTags] Discussion
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:17:41 GMT
What I generally feel is that we should really have only one tag library.
The confusion of two tag libraries that are basically similar from an API
perspective may be hard to overcome. If someone were to learn the current
tag set and then need a new feature like (AJAX) they need to switch. I think
that we would want to deprecate the current tag set and then support it for
a while until the new features become compelling enough that 90% of pages
use the new tag set.

I don't think keeping a tag library alive is the cost, but adding feature to
two would be very expensive. I know your not advocating this, but it seems
if your not adding features to one tag set and you have a replacement tag
set that you are doing feature work in, the first one is deprecated whether
you call it that or not.