beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Cummings <jims.beehive.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new constructor in ControlClientManifest?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:44:06 GMT
Eddie,

Good point, InputStream would probably be better. :)

The Beehive ant task takes a fileset of .control.properties files, uses that
manifest class to parse them as it builds various mappings, and then calls
the Assembler class.

I'm assisting with some IDE-driven assembly in Eclipse, and calling the ant
task isn't very natural from the IDE. Instead we're calling straight into
the Assembler class and need to gather the various mappings to call it with.

Also, the various locations of these files are not all in a single directory
tree, but possibly scattered across various projects, and the files could
also be in jars when using nested controls. So I am doing something similar
to what the ant task does, but pulled out off ant-land. The IDE passes in a
starter set of .controls.properties directly in a user's app or webapp
project, and I use the classpath provided by the IDE to discover any
additional .controls.properties files from other projects or in jars. This
allows the IDE to not have to work so hard to find all of these files.

One other interesting thing on assembly. It would be nice if the assembly
framework could somehow be extended to allow an assembler to be specified
for specific annotations, instead of only on control implementation classes.
This would allow assembly to occur in cases where an annotation might be
used on any number of kinds of controls.

Regards - Jim.