beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: beehive-914 -- started yet?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:02:27 GMT
  Here's the Ant that will do this; it patches
trunk/user/beehive-imports.xml and can be run as:

    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp

which will prompt for a destination directory for the project.  Or, it
can be run like:

    $> ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.netui.webapp -Dwebapp.dir

which will skp the prompt since "webapp.dir" has already been provided.

  I think this will be *really* useful and less error-prone than the
alternative.

  Thoughts?

Eddie

<snip>
    <target name="new.netui.webapp"
               description="Create a new NetUI-enabled Beehive webapp">
        <input message="Provide a fully-qualified web project path:"
                  addproperty="webapp.dir"/>

        <copy todir="${webapp.dir}">
            <fileset dir="${basedir}/samples/netui-blank">
                <include name="**/*"/>
            </fileset>
        </copy>
        <deploy-netui webappDir="${webapp.dir}"/>

        <echo>Created a NetUI-enabled in ${webapp.dir}</echo>
    </target>
</snip>

>   Gotcha.  As far as the docs, I've got a placeholder in the
> netui/projects.xml doc already that describes the cp / ant -f step.
> So, that part is easy.  ;)
>
>   Patch forthcoming...
>
> Eddie
>

> On 9/9/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh, I just meant we should take a week to have people play with it if we
> > put it in for 1.0, that's all.  I think we'd want to get it into the
> > docs, too, especially where there are instructions for copying
> > netui-blank, etc.  What do you think about that?
> >
> > I'd definitely take a look at the diff, though, even if it's something
> > we hold until v1.1.
> >
> > Rich
> >
> > Eddie O'Neil wrote:
> >
> > >  Yeah -- I don't think it would take a week (probably just a couple
> > >of hours), but it's a little different than how we do things right now
> > >because we need to support two scenarios:
> > >
> > >  - create a new webapp
> > >  - inject the runtime files (JARs / resources) into the samples
> > >
> > >We've got the latter and could easily add the former.
> > >
> > >  But, we'll get very little test mileage on it in the near term.  I
> > >can take a crack at it and see what you think of the diff...
> > >
> > >Eddie

anything that has to go
the checked-in files to

If not, let me know and