beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: beehive-914 -- started yet?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:36:53 GMT
  It's complicated.  :)

  We really need a target that can "seed" a Beehive webapp including
all of the validation config files, runtime JARs, and NetUI URL
addressable resources.  Today, this is done using a command like:

  cp -rf samples/netui-blank <project-dir>
  ant -f ant/beehive-runtime.xml deploy.beehive.webapp.runtime
-Dwebapp.dir=<project-dir>

If, for example, you just do the latter, you'll end up with a webapp
that has the runtime but no web.xml or validation config files.  And,
that's kind of bad...

  Would be *very* nice to have a target that just does:

ant -f beehive-imports.xml new.beehive.webapp -Dproject.dir=...

It could even prompt for the project.dir -- kind of like a new project
wizard in Ant.

  We could do this for 1.0, but it's not an insignificant change.
It's *definitely* something we need for 1.1...

Eddie