beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: xmlbeans, jsr173, and BEEHIVE-872
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 20:50:59 GMT
All--

  I just committed a change that switches Beehive onto the new JSR 173
API package.  This has been vetted by the appropriate lawyers to
ensure that the license for the 173 API JAR is Apache compatible and
can be shipped with a Beehive distribution.

  The XMLBeans committers are asking for advice from ASF folks about
what to do with their 2.0 release.  I suppose it's possible that
they'll need to re-roll the release.  If that happens, we'll need to
decide whether to upgrade the XMLBean version we ship, though I'd
guess any new version they release will be compatible with the 2.0
from June.

  The change I committed does a few things:
- switches the download package for JSR 173 from
http://workshop.bea.com/xmlbeans
- bundles the new JSR 173 API JAR in a distribution
- adds a LICENSE.jsr173-api file to both SVN and to the distribution

  I'm going to go ahead and close the JIRA issue since our license
issue should be resolved; let's watch dev@ to see where XMLBeans goes
with this next.

  Questions / comments?

Eddie