beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Ramirez" <alram...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [jira] Created: (BEEHIVE-949) netui compiler does not encode strings in validation config files
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:46:24 GMT
Daryl,
Yes, it seems to be the result of switching off of XMLBeans.  I have a
similar problem with a test that contains the following conditional
forward (notice the "<2" and "<3" expressions):

conditionalForwards={
	        @Jpf.ConditionalForward(condition="${layoutChoice<2}",
tilesDefinition="conditional1.page"),
	        @Jpf.ConditionalForward(condition="${layoutChoice<3}",
tilesDefinition="conditional2.page")
	    }

When Beehive was still using XMLBean, the generated struts config file
would create the following (escaping the "<" to "&lt;":
      <set-property property="conditionalForwards"
value="_anon1:${layoutChoice&lt;2};_anon2:${layoutChoice&lt;3};"/>


However, with the removal of XMLBeans, we are generating the following
(not escaping):
      <set-property property="conditionalForwards"
value="_anon1:${layoutChoice<2};_anon2:${layoutChoice<3};"/>

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl Olander [mailto:dolander@gmail.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:26 PM
To: Beehive Developers; Eddie O'Neil
Subject: Re: [jira] Created: (BEEHIVE-949) netui compiler does not
encode strings in validation config files

This does seem a bit bad....Is this the result of the switch off of
XMLBeans? (I believe that it was doing encoding automatically, based
upon my
experience with the test recorder results files.)

On 9/21/05, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seems that we've got a new blocker in JIRA. It's not marked as V1
> for the Fix Version, but based on the description, it seems like we
> should fix this before 1.0.
>
> Rich, does this sound right to you?
>
> Eddie
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Jim Cummings (JIRA) <dev@beehive.apache.org>
> Date: Sep 21, 2005 5:59 PM
> Subject: [jira] Created: (BEEHIVE-949) netui compiler does not encode
> strings in validation config files
> To: dev@beehive.apache.org
>
>
> netui compiler does not encode strings in validation config files
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: BEEHIVE-949
> URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-949
> Project: Beehive
> Type: Bug
> Components: NetUI
> Versions: V1
> Environment: Windows XP. RC1 distribution from the v1/final branch.
> Reporter: Jim Cummings
> Priority: Blocker
>
>
> I am getting a runtime exception that looks like a malformed
> validation config file is being generated. Here is the snippet of the
> generated config file that looks problematic.
> <form-validation>
> <formset>
> <form name="listGroupForm">
> <field depends="mask,required" property="groupName">
> <arg0 key="groupNameRequired.displayName" resource="true"/>
> <var>
> <var-name>mask</var-name>
> <var-value>^[^' "=,\\<>#|&~?(){}%*]*$</var-value>
> </var>
> ....
>
> A snippet from the matching controller for this is:
> @Jpf.ValidatableBean
> ....
> validateMask = @Jpf.ValidateMask(regex="^[^'
> \"=,\\\\<>#|&~?(){}%*]*$")
>
> And the stack trace(s) I am seeing are:
> [exec] [ERROR] Digester - Parse Fatal Error at line 11 column 33:
> The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or
> markup. <org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must
> consist of well-formed character data or
> markup.>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must
> consist of well-formed character data or markup.
>
> [exec] at
>
>
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXPar
seException
> (ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
> [exec] at
>
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(
> ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:215)
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
> XMLErrorReporter.java:386)
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
> XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(
> XMLScanner.java:1438)
> [exec] at
>
>
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$F
ragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
> (XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1723)
> [exec] at
>
>
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.s
canDocument
> (XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
> XML11Configuration.java:834)
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
> XML11Configuration.java:764)
> [exec] at
>
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.jav
a
> :148)
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
> AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1591)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(
> ValidatorResources.java:159)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(
> ValidatorPlugIn.java:237)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:16
2)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(
> ActionServlet.java:869)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.registerModu
le
> (AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:553)
> [exec] at
>
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.ensureModule
Registered
> (AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:770)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.ensureModule(
> FlowControllerFactory.java:736)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
> FlowControllerFactory.java:209)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
> FlowControllerFactory.java:183)
>
> [exec] [ERROR] ValidatorPlugIn - Skipping all validation
> <org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must consist
> of well-formed character data or
> markup.>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must
> consist of well-formed character data or markup.
> [exec] at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
> AbstractSAXParser.java:1269)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1591)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(
> ValidatorResources.java:159)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(
> ValidatorPlugIn.java:237)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:16
2)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(
> ActionServlet.java:869)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.registerModu
le
> (AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:553)
> [exec] at
>
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.ensureModule
Registered
> (AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:770)
> [exec] at
> org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.ensureModule(
> FlowControllerFactory.java:736)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
> FlowControllerFactory.java:209)
> [exec] at
>
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
> FlowControllerFactory.java:183)
>
>
> --
> This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
> -
> If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the
administrators:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
> -
> For more information on JIRA, see:
> http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
>


Mime
View raw message