beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Created: (BEEHIVE-949) netui compiler does not encode strings in validation config files
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 03:35:35 GMT
I didn't include that, because I think that the apostrophe is valid
inside a double-quoted string (which is the only kind of quote we use
for attributes).  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks,
Rich

Eddie O'Neil wrote:

>  Hm.  That was supposed to be "apos" entity.  :)
>
>  Code that appears to do this is over here:
>
>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/lang/src/java/org/apache/commons/lang/Entities.java?root=Apache&view=markup
>
>with Javadoc here:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/apidocs/org/apache/commons/lang/StringEscapeUtils.html#escapeXml(java.lang.String)
>
>Eddie
>
>
>
>On 9/21/05, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@bea.com> wrote:
>  
>
>>   Only question I've got is if we need to handle the "capos" entity?
>>
>>Eddie
>>
>>
>>
>>Rich Feit wrote:
>>    
>>
>>>OK, the fix is in, and the patch is in the bug.  Thanks for taking a look.
>>>Rich
>>>
>>>Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>> Sure; I'm around -- apparently among others as well.  :)
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the quick fix.
>>>>
>>>>Eddie
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>On 9/21/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>>Yes, it's my XMLBeans-replacement code that's not escaping properly. 
We
>>>>>do need to fix this.  Will have a fix in shortly, and would appreciate
a
>>>>>code review on it from someone.
>>>>>
>>>>>Rich
>>>>>
>>>>>Daryl Olander wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>>>This does seem a bit bad....Is this the result of the switch off of
>>>>>>XMLBeans? (I believe that it was doing encoding automatically, based
upon my
>>>>>>experience with the test recorder results files.)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>On 9/21/05, Eddie O'Neil <ekoneil@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Seems that we've got a new blocker in JIRA. It's not marked as
V1
>>>>>>>for the Fix Version, but based on the description, it seems like
we
>>>>>>>should fix this before 1.0.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Rich, does this sound right to you?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Eddie
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>>>>>>From: Jim Cummings (JIRA) <dev@beehive.apache.org>
>>>>>>>Date: Sep 21, 2005 5:59 PM
>>>>>>>Subject: [jira] Created: (BEEHIVE-949) netui compiler does not
encode
>>>>>>>strings in validation config files
>>>>>>>To: dev@beehive.apache.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>netui compiler does not encode strings in validation config files
>>>>>>>-----------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Key: BEEHIVE-949
>>>>>>>URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-949
>>>>>>>Project: Beehive
>>>>>>>Type: Bug
>>>>>>>Components: NetUI
>>>>>>>Versions: V1
>>>>>>>Environment: Windows XP. RC1 distribution from the v1/final branch.
>>>>>>>Reporter: Jim Cummings
>>>>>>>Priority: Blocker
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>I am getting a runtime exception that looks like a malformed
>>>>>>>validation config file is being generated. Here is the snippet
of the
>>>>>>>generated config file that looks problematic.
>>>>>>><form-validation>
>>>>>>><formset>
>>>>>>><form name="listGroupForm">
>>>>>>><field depends="mask,required" property="groupName">
>>>>>>><arg0 key="groupNameRequired.displayName" resource="true"/>
>>>>>>><var>
>>>>>>><var-name>mask</var-name>
>>>>>>><var-value>^[^' "=,\\<>#|&~?(){}%*]*$</var-value>
>>>>>>></var>
>>>>>>>....
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>A snippet from the matching controller for this is:
>>>>>>>@Jpf.ValidatableBean
>>>>>>>....
>>>>>>>validateMask = @Jpf.ValidateMask(regex="^[^'
>>>>>>>\"=,\\\\<>#|&~?(){}%*]*$")
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>And the stack trace(s) I am seeing are:
>>>>>>>[exec] [ERROR] Digester - Parse Fatal Error at line 11 column
33:
>>>>>>>The content of elements must consist of well-formed character
data or
>>>>>>>markup. <org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements
must
>>>>>>>consist of well-formed character data or
>>>>>>>markup.>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements
must
>>>>>>>consist of well-formed character data or markup.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException
>>>>>>>(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(
>>>>>>>ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:215)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
>>>>>>>XMLErrorReporter.java:386)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
>>>>>>>XMLErrorReporter.java:316)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(
>>>>>>>XMLScanner.java:1438)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
>>>>>>>(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1723)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument
>>>>>>>(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
>>>>>>>XML11Configuration.java:834)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
>>>>>>>XML11Configuration.java:764)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java
>>>>>>>:148)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
>>>>>>>AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1591)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(
>>>>>>>ValidatorResources.java:159)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(
>>>>>>>ValidatorPlugIn.java:237)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:162)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(
>>>>>>>ActionServlet.java:869)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.registerModule
>>>>>>>(AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:553)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.ensureModuleRegistered
>>>>>>>(AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:770)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.ensureModule(
>>>>>>>FlowControllerFactory.java:736)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
>>>>>>>FlowControllerFactory.java:209)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
>>>>>>>FlowControllerFactory.java:183)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>[exec] [ERROR] ValidatorPlugIn - Skipping all validation
>>>>>>><org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements must
consist
>>>>>>>of well-formed character data or
>>>>>>>markup.>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of elements
must
>>>>>>>consist of well-formed character data or markup.
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
>>>>>>>AbstractSAXParser.java:1269)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1591)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorResources.<init>(
>>>>>>>ValidatorResources.java:159)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.initResources(
>>>>>>>ValidatorPlugIn.java:237)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn.init(ValidatorPlugIn.java:162)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initModulePlugIns(
>>>>>>>ActionServlet.java:869)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.registerModule
>>>>>>>(AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:553)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.ensureModuleRegistered
>>>>>>>(AutoRegisterActionServlet.java:770)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.ensureModule(
>>>>>>>FlowControllerFactory.java:736)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
>>>>>>>FlowControllerFactory.java:209)
>>>>>>>[exec] at
>>>>>>>org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.FlowControllerFactory.createPageFlow(
>>>>>>>FlowControllerFactory.java:183)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>--
>>>>>>>This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
>>>>>>>-
>>>>>>>If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
>>>>>>>http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
>>>>>>>-
>>>>>>>For more information on JIRA, see:
>>>>>>>http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>              
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>            
>>>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>    
>>
>
>  
>

Mime
View raw message