beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject v1, maven, pollinate [was: Re: reorganizing netui-blank]
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:05:47 GMT
I changed the subject line here, just so this doesn't get lost among the
discussion of netui-blank.  Here's my take on these three questions:

1. I don't think maven-ized samples would be bundled with v1.  Adam
Jenkins is contributing the maven plugin (which is much-needed), but I
think that a maven  option wouldn't be worked into the distribution
until v1.1 (or whatever the next point release is).  That's just my
guess.  The reason for this can be found in my answer to #3.  :)  It
does look like Eddie is working on getting our JARs out on the
repository in time for v1:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/beehive-user/200509.mbox/%3ce9ac8354050908212661019f8@mail.gmail.com%3e
.

2. I agree that the loss of momentum on Pollinate is disappointing,
although I'm still really hopeful that something will appear under
Eclipse eventually.  I agree with Adam's statement that this is a
missing piece which would really help carry Beehive forward (by making
it more accessible and also digestible by management types).  A
discussion about collaboration with the Pollinate project is probably
something we should have after v1 goes out.

3. v1.  Yes, I would be shocked if we didn't release it this week.  This
project model issue is the only one we need to resolve, as far as I
know, and so far everyone's been supportive of it.

Rich

Glauber Adriano Reis wrote:

> I'm happy now, the layout makes its way smothly into NetBeans when you
> import it as an
> external web project.
> I've got 3 questions:
> 1 - would maven-ized samples be bundled with V1? If so, I read in the
> mailing list
> about the plugin(I was working on such a thing as well but stoped
> since it had
> been already developed) but I cannot find the plugin or anything
> mentioning it in JIRA.
>
> 2 - Such a pity that Pollinate project is dead. What you guys think?
> ...the latest
> NeBeans version to be released (v5) will have struts support. I think
> it would be cool
> having some sort of minimal beehive support as well, I'd be very glad
> working on it (since I probably
> wont use WebLogic 9 eclipse plugins) but want you opinion.
>
> 3 - Is Beehive V1 due out this week? I'm pretty much anxious...  :)
>

> Glauber Adriano
>

> Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>
>> All--
>>
>>   I've got a patch ready which will reorganize the
>> <dist-root>/samples/netui-blank web project from a source-in model
>> like:
>>
>>   fooWeb/
>>     Controller.java
>>     index.jsp
>>     WEB-INF/
>>       web.xml
>>       src/
>>         build.xml
>>         build.properties
>>         Foo.java
>>
>> to a source-peer model like:
>>
>>   fooWeb/
>>     build.xml
>>     build.properties
>>     src/
>>       Foo.java
>>     web/
>>       index.jsp
>>       Controller.java
>>       WEB-INF/
>>         web.xml
>>
>> This brings the OOTB NetUI project model in-line with that prescribed
>> by Tomcat and used in many projects.  It's also what Adriano suggested
>> and used for his NetBeans project.
>>
>>   We're getting in the last days before 1.0 here, so we need to do
>> two things:
>>
>> 1) agree that this is the right thing to do
>> 2) review the patch in this bug --
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-921
>>
>> Please do both; if you disagree with (1), say so!  :)
>>
>> Once / if we agree on this, I'll commit it and take a couple of hours
>> to rework some documentation.  And, hopefully we can branch and ship
>> 1.0.  :)
>>
>> Eddie
>>

>> On 9/9/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds great!  Leaving netui-samples and netui-jsf seems like the right
>>> thing to hold off for 1.1.

we do things

into the samples

former.

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]