beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Glauber Adriano Reis <glauber.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reorganizing netui-blank [was: [Re: beehive-914 -- started yet?]]
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:55:59 GMT
I'm happy now, the layout makes its way smothly into NetBeans when you import it as an
external web project.
I've got 3 questions:
1 - would maven-ized samples be bundled with V1? If so, I read in the mailing list
about the plugin(I was working on such a thing as well but stoped since it had
been already developed) but I cannot find the plugin or anything mentioning it in JIRA.

2 - Such a pity that Pollinate project is dead. What you guys think? ...the latest
NeBeans version to be released (v5) will have struts support. I think it would be cool
having some sort of minimal beehive support as well, I'd be very glad working on it (since
I probably
wont use WebLogic 9 eclipse plugins) but want you opinion.

3 - Is Beehive V1 due out this week? I'm pretty much anxious...  :)

Glauber Adriano

Eddie O'Neil wrote:
> All--
>
>   I've got a patch ready which will reorganize the
> <dist-root>/samples/netui-blank web project from a source-in model
> like:
>
>   fooWeb/
>     Controller.java
>     index.jsp
>     WEB-INF/
>       web.xml
>       src/
>         build.xml
>         build.properties
>         Foo.java
>
> to a source-peer model like:
>
>   fooWeb/
>     build.xml
>     build.properties
>     src/
>       Foo.java
>     web/
>       index.jsp
>       Controller.java
>       WEB-INF/
>         web.xml
>
> This brings the OOTB NetUI project model in-line with that prescribed
> by Tomcat and used in many projects.  It's also what Adriano suggested
> and used for his NetBeans project.
>
>   We're getting in the last days before 1.0 here, so we need to do two things:
>
> 1) agree that this is the right thing to do
> 2) review the patch in this bug --
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-921
>
> Please do both; if you disagree with (1), say so!  :)
>
> Once / if we agree on this, I'll commit it and take a couple of hours
> to rework some documentation.  And, hopefully we can branch and ship
> 1.0.  :)
>
> Eddie
>

> On 9/9/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Sounds great!  Leaving netui-samples and netui-jsf seems like the right
>>thing to hold off for 1.1.
>>
>>Eddie O'Neil wrote:
>>

>>> Awesome.  I'll make this change for netui-blank but will leave
>>>netui-jsf and netui-samples for the sake of stability.  We can fix
>>>those for Beehive 1.1.
>>>
>>> This would switch the default NetUI project model to something that
>>>looks like this:
>>>
>>>   http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/appdev/source.html
>>>
>>>which is basically:
>>>
>>> fooWebProject/
>>>      web/
>>>      src/
>>>      build.xml
>>>      build.properties
>>>
>>>with a build that works like samples/petstoreWeb.
>>>
>>> Any other thoughts about doing this?
>>>
>>>Eddie

 It
Seems

> [...]
> [...]