beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie O'Neil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: netui and the xmlbean config file
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:39:58 GMT
  I've spent a couple of hours now looking at how to do this -- here's
a summary of the approach so far:

- create a package "o.a.b.n.u.c.bean" which contains a pile of
read-only JavaBeans that represent the configuration options available
for the NetUI runtime.
    - each bean follows a naming that the class name ends with "Config".
    - each bean provides a constructor that takes values for the
bean's properties.  This keeps the classes really simple and avoids
having to write subclasses for each type of config file (XMLBean,
Spring, HiveMind, etc).
- add a factory "o.a.b.n.u.c.ConfigFactory" which returns a factory
implementation that can produce a NetUIConfig object
- provide an implementation of this ConfigFactory called
XmlBeanConfigFactory which will create the NetUIConfig JavaBeans by
walking a beehive-netui-config.xml file and mapping the XML values
onto the JavaBeans in the "o.a.b.n.u.config.bean" package

  Once this is done, all of the clients of the current XMLBeans just
need to be switched to the new config bean layer.  With that done,
NetUI will no longer expose XMLBeans in the public API.  :)

  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Eddie