beehive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steven Tocco" <sto...@bea.com>
Subject RE: beehive 1.0 release status
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:07:12 GMT
Eddie,

Thanks for kicking this off.

In support of the v1 release, I've put together some release criteria
and posted them to the wiki.

http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/V1ReleaseCriteria

These are similar to those we used for v1m1, but with a few minor edits.

Please let me know if you have any problems with these.

Thanks
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie ONeil [mailto:ekoneil@gmail.com] 
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:58 AM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: beehive 1.0 release status

All--

  Just to update where it seems that we are relative to shipping a
Beehive 1.0 release.

- there are four open JIRA bugs, one of which is blocking:
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-872
- there is one JIRA issue that we should probably fix:
    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-881
because this one changes one of the NetUI annotation processor options
- personally, I'd like to finish some documentation on the Ant build
macros, the project model, and the NetUI data grid.  Any others have
documentation things to finish before voting on 1.0?

  One note on BEEHIVE-872, this is a licensing issue with the JSR 173
API JAR that was brought up in the XMLBeans dev@ list.  Apparently,
there are concerns about the license of this JAR file which XMLBeans
requires and ships -- link to the thread here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlbeans-dev/200507.mbox/%3c534
29.194.100.135.11.1122456275.squirrel@mail.hallfors.com%3e

Beehive bundles this JAR as well.  In the interest of preventing
license issues, we should probably wait and see the conclusion of this
discussion before shipping 1.0 with jsr173_1.0_api.jar bundled.  If I
see a change in status on the dev@xmlbeans.apache.org list, I'll
update that here.

  Other than the couple of bugs, doc tasks, and JSR 173 issues, I
think we're pretty close.  if it takes too much longer, we can just
cut a 1.0 branch and open trunk/ back up for continuing development
work.

  Comments welcome...

Eddie


Mime
View raw message