beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Glauber Adriano Reis <glauber.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting involved
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:43:21 GMT
> Adriano--
>
>   Great!  Glad to hear that you've got a "wish list".  Feel free to
> contribute patches, discuss on the dev@beehive list, or add such items
> to the wiki page:
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/FrontPage/WishList

Ok, I will

>   Definitely, send along your changes to netui-blank; in general, I
> tend to prefer the web application project model that the
> samples/petstore uses which is probably similar to your NetBeans setup
> and has the src/ directory separated from the URL addressable content.
>  How did you end up laying out your project?  Also, how well did the
> Beehive annotation processors integrate with the NetBeans build
> system?

I have a blog entry about that, unfortunately it is in portuguese but
I will be happy to translate and add it to Beehive Wiki. It is only
a matter of modifying nb project's build.xml.
I ran thru the Page Flow tutorial using nb and everything worked fine
even debugging. On the "IDE side" annotation worked ok, <ctrl>+<space>
suggestion etc. On the "build side", I had to overwrite one nb target
to make proper Page Flow compilation.

>   Maybe we can just reorganize the netui-blank template in the
> distribution to be more IDE friendly.  :)

I agree

>   I agree that it'd be a good idea to have a "contrib" section in SVN
> where we can put things that are released out-of-band with the rest of
> Beehive.  The Tomcat container adapter might be an example of
> something like this.  We'll probably tackle this once the 1.0 has
> shipped.
>
> Eddie

That is what I thought.
BTW, I'm going to write a Page Flow validation task (don't know how yet)
for some specific brazilian issues, like id numbers and so on. I think
it is better off dwelling in a future "contrib" section, isn't it?
For now, I am looking for some thing I can help at Beehive JIRA.

Adriano