beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Chad Schoettger <chad.schoett...@gmail.com>
Subject Service control free threading cleanup...
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:17:06 GMT
Currently the service control is coded to be able to be used in a
free-threaded manner (such as from a servlet) which is not the use pattern
for Beehive controls. Over the next couple of days I would like to do some
cleanup in the service control so it will conform more closely to the usage
patterns of Beehive controls. The modifications I would like to propose are:

1) Remove the Thread.locals from the HeaderHandler class of the control.
2) Add onAquire() and onRelease() control event handlers to the service
control (see jdbc control for examples of these)
2a) Move the invocation of the initialize() method from the invoke() method
of the control to the onAquire() method
2b) Do any control cleanup in the onRelease() method
3) Add a cache for Call objects created by the control, and the logic
necessary to resuse the cached Calls.

Anything else I may be missing or anyone would like to see?

- Chad