beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Kenneth Tam <kentamina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running Beehive apps on Geronimo
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:59:09 GMT
My immediate goal is to be able to run the Beehive petstore.  Good to
hear you managed to get Beehive WSM stuff working w/ Axis on Geronimo,
that's encouraging.

The only change I've needed in Beehive so far is in
org.apache.beehive.netui.util.config.ConfigUtil line 106, from:

            ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
            ClassLoader cl = ConfigUtil.class.getClassLoader();

(it seemed reasonable to say that the default config file will
continue to be packaged with the core netui classes and hence be in
the same classloader).

Let me know if you agree this is sane and I'll check it in..

Exactly why Geronimo allows the netui classes like ConfigUtil to be
loaded/executed, yet the context classloader at the time NOT have the
netui jars on their classpath, is not clear :P.

I've a thread going with Dave Jencks on the geronimo dev list about
xbeans, including how it's used wrt classloaders.

thanks,