beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie ONeil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vote] cleaning up jira by renaming v1 to v1m1
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:26:47 GMT
All--

  This is now complete (JIRA rocks!).  I also made a couple of other
JIRA changes:

- changed the v1 alpha, v1 beta, v1 m1 releases to be 'released' which
means that they show up differently in the select boxes when
manipulating bugs
- added a 'system controls' category under which the JDBC, JMS, EJB,
and web service control bugs should be filed
- recreated the V1 release which should now be empty

  So, I've left all bugs in TBD as we probably need to be selective
about the bugs we're going to fix before a 1.0 (Incubating) release.
Also, anything fixed since V1m1 can be brought back and marked V1.

  We might consider, in the long run, having a 'v.next' version so
that JIRA doesn't imply the release # of the subsequent release.  This
would make it easier to change a release name since we can always just
mrege releases in JIRA.  But, the bug system is setup for moving
toward 1.0 (Incubating) now.

Eddie