beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie ONeil <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tags versus branches for releases
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:42:47 GMT
  We can certainly create tags for releases, though in SVN a tag and a
branch are the same thing.  See:

    http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html#svn-ch-4-sect-6

So, the beehive/branches/v1/m1 is going to be exactly the same as
beehive/tags/v1/m1 except that the former (at least today) will have a
few additional documentation changes since this is where the doc is
published for the v1m1 release -- Steve tends to fix a few doc issues
after we release.

Any code changes that go into either are disallowed and will be backed out.

Thus, it's a different name for the same thing, but if there's demand
for tags, it's easy enough to create them.

Eddie