beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Daryoush Mehrtash <dmehrt...@gmail.com>
Subject .ser files in WSM
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:29:28 GMT
Eddie in the previous thread you said:

 The .ser file is an artifact of the fact that the services are
deployed on Axis. Were the annotation processor targeting JAX-RPC
directly, the output of the annotation processor might not use the
.ser file.

I am not sure I follow your point here. As I said in the previous thread on
the .ser file, the original of this was to solve the parameter name default.
We started off in WSM by deploying source and compile at runtime (similar to
the drop in deployment model in Axis), then evolved into having seperate
build time and run time phases that deployed services by doing reflection on
.class files, to the current iteration that uses the .ser file which means
all the work is done at build time..

You have looked at the .ser file more closely recently, but AFAIK, there is
nothing Axis specifc in it. It is essentially the 3rd itteration of the
model we are using to deploy services. It is true that our Axis
implementation understands the .ser file, but if we were say to port the WSM
to XYZ stack, our apprach would be to write an extension in the XYZ stack
that would understand the .ser file.

I don't follow what you mean when you say if we were "targeting JAX-RPC
directly....". Can you please be more specific here.

--
Daryoush

Weblog: http://perlustration.blogspot.com/