beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "John Rohrlich" <rohrl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: inheriting pages in page flows
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:16:29 GMT
A good start Rich, but I'd like to see some additional behavior.

Allow action overrides to use pages local to the overridden actions page
flow directory if the page is not found local to the overriding class.
This should work for n levels of inheritance. If class B extends class
C, and class A extends class B, and both extending classes override the
same action then you would first look for a jsp in A's directory. If you
didn't find the jsp you would look in B's directory and then finally C's
directory.

- john

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Feit [mailto:richfeit@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:13 AM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: inheriting pages in page flows

Hi all,

I'd like some design feedback here.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEEHIVE-400 deals with a much-asked

question: if you have a page flow that inherits from another page flow,
how can you also inherit pages from the base page flow?  Currently,
there's no good way to do it, which is an obvious hole.  My thought is
to do something really simple (from the user's point of view :) ), like
have a class-level annotation attribute:

    inheritLocalPaths=true

This would cause local paths in *inherited* actions to be used in the
context of the current page flow.  I think this might be sufficient, and

even if it turns out it's not, it seems like a good start.  Any
thoughts/comments on this?

Thanks,
Rich