beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Hanson" <ste...@bea.com>
Subject RE: updating the beehive web site -- a two pronged approach
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 21:08:50 GMT
Hi all:

Concerns and questions concerning (1):

A system very similar to proposal (1) was in place for the v1-alpha release.
One complaint about it at the time was that Javadoc-generated HTML pages were being checked
in to SVN.  I am not sure how the current proposal (1) avoids this drawback.

One question: Are we going to be checking in different doc sets for each released version
of Beehive, so that the tree would look (something) like?:

beehive
  site
    archives
      v1
      v2
    current
      v3

Concerns about (2):

This proposal sounds like it would break Forrest.  Forrest is looking for one directory that
contains the XML source files: I doubt it can handle a disparate set of directories.  Runnng
Forrest mulitple times and slapping the genered HTML together afterwards won't work either,
because Forrest needs to do link checking and build a single TOC.

Craig R. McClanahan: I know that you have talked about these very issues in Struts...do you
have any insights here?

-steve h.