beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Krista Baker" <kba...@bea.com>
Subject RE: sporadic netui bvt failure related to CheckBoxGroup
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:46:51 GMT
Rich,

This Bug bvt is from the old days of netui.  As far as I can tell, the
following is the reason it was produced:

There was an NPE that occurred when a select box binds to a Map in the
JPF for the optionsDataSource and to a String[] for the dataSource., The
NPE occurred because the form would create the dataSource array which
had a single, null element and the select tag could not handle it.
(lazy instatiation in the form's property getter).  The change was that
if the options array contained null values, then they were not supposed
to be added as options.

Thanks,
Krista

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Feit [mailto:richfeit@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 2:20 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: Re: sporadic netui bvt failure related to CheckBoxGroup

Hey -- does anyone know what exactly the B39552 test is supposed to
verify?  The description for the test (in
netui/test/webapps/drt/testRecorder/config/testRecorder-tests.xml) is
"Verify that options data source may be contain null values", but none
of the options datasources in the page flow actually contain null
values.  On top of that, I think the sporadic failure may be due to the
fact that all three inputs (select, radio group, checkbox group) are
binding to the same form property.  In addition to that, the radio
button group is binding to an array when it should be binding to a
single value.  I can re-record the test with fixes, but I should
understand the original problem first.  :)

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Feit wrote:

> OK, thanks for the info -- I'll try that.  It's possible that the test

> was just recorded with some leftover state in the tag instance.
>
> Rich
>
> Eddie ONeil wrote:
>
>>  Yeah, I think your assessment is correct -- those should be reset in
>> localRelease which contains all of the un-initialization code for a
>> classic tag handler.
>>
>>  For the _state and _hiddenState variables, try calling "clear()" and
>> for the _writer, just null it out.
>>
>>  Not sure whether that will solve this specific problem, but that
>> should be the behavior of NetUI JSP tags.
>>
>> Eddie
>>

>> On 6/16/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm seeing a sporadic failure of the 'B39552' test when running 'ant
>>> bvt' under netui.  Here is the diff between recorded/playback
results:

>>>    R: <input type="hidden"
>>> name="wlw-checkbox_group_key:{actionForm.selectedItems}OldValue"
>>> value="true"><input type="checkbox"
>>> name="wlw-checkbox_group_key:{actionForm.selectedItems}" value="1"
>>> *    P:* <input type="hidden"
>>> name="wlw-checkbox_group_key:{actionForm.selectedItems}OldValue"
>>> value="true"><input type="checkbox"
>>> name="wlw-checkbox_group_key:{actionForm.selectedItems}"
>>>
>>> In looking at

netui/src/tags-html/org/apache/beehive/netui/tags/html/CheckBoxGroup.jav
a,