beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "James Song" <js...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [vote] cleaning up jira by renaming v1 to v1m1
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:09:40 GMT
+1
-James

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie ONeil [mailto:ekoneil@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 5:32 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: [vote] cleaning up jira by renaming v1 to v1m1

All--

  In the course of releasing Beehive 1.0 v1m1, we overloaded the use
of the "V1" release Fix Version in JIRA to really mean "V1m1".  The
result is that we've now stolen the "V1" release version from the bug
tracking system making it harder to explain how to file / fix bugs
going forward.

  It appears that JIRA has a "merge" option for releases, and given
this, I believe that we can take the bugs currently with a "Fix
Version" in "V1" and reassign them to a new release "V1m1".

  This would allow us to use the "V1" moniker for work that is going
on as we actually move toward a 1.0 (Incubating) release.  We could
then bring bugs back from TBD that will be fixed before 1.0

  So, I'd like to suggest that we rename the "V1" bugs to "V1m1" and
use "V1" to mean the bugs going forward en route to 1.0.  Please vote!

Eddie

Vote:
[+1] Yes, push the "V1" bugs back to "V1m1"
[0]  Abstain / not sure / don't care.
[-1] No, leave the bugs in "V1".  If you vote this way, please provide
an explanation and add a new moniker for what to actually call 1.0
that isn't "V1".  :)

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

http://www.bea.com/events/june15