beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Service Control generation question....
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:04:33 GMT
I haven't looked at this, but I do have a question, (and this may not
have anything to do with the problem you are having) why are you putting
INOUT parameters in Header?      This is an area were we do have known
issues (I believe there are two bugs already filed on this)  also I
can't imagine this case being a realistic usage scenario.  I am curious
to know why you think having INOUT parameters in the Header would be
useful.

Does the test work if the parameters were not in the header?

Daryoush

UpdatePhoneNumbers(org.apache.beehive.wsm.databinding.GenericHolder<web.
we
> bparam.Address>
> address1, web.webparam.Phone phone, javax.xml.rpc.holders.IntHolder
> return,
> org.apache.beehive.wsm.databinding.GenericHolder<web.webparam.Address>
> address2) throws Exception;

> ---------------------
>
> When the generated webservice control is compiled, apt blows up due to
> the 'return' parameter name in the arg list.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Is the control method being generated correctly? Should the
> 'return' parameter be the return value for the generated method? like:
>
> public int

UpdatePhoneNumbers(org.apache.beehive.wsm.databinding.GenericHolder<web.
we
> bparam.Address>
> address1, web.webparam.Phone phone,
> org.apache.beehive.wsm.databinding.GenericHolder<web.webparam.Address>
> address2) throws Exception;
>

> 2) If the method is being generated correctly - it seems the proper
> fix would be to modify the ExtensionGenerator class to check for param
> names which are Java keywords and modify them to non-keywords so that
> the control can be compiled.  Or would the proper fix be to modify the
> wsm model to correctly 'encode' the param as a non-java keyword?
>
> Thanks for any input on this.  Once I have determined where the fix
> needs to be made I will file a bug.

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

http://www.bea.com/events/june15