beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Unused classes in WSM
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 23:11:05 GMT
Good catch.  I had a comment on the earlier response but thought this
would confuse the issue at this point and removed it before I send my
message.

A little background.....The Registration process is used when you
register a Java class to the underlying type system.   The TypeMapping
utils are used when you look up a class from a QName. For the look up
you need to have Axis and XMLBean look up as they are done differently.

The registration is used at run time to register the types, and so DRT
would need them.

The look up and the WSDLProcessor (which abstracts WSDL tree for
information that is not available in the OM) are only used when we do
code generation, for instance generating JCX or in From WSDL use case
generating annotated JWS.

DRT is not exercising the code generation.   I am surprised that you are
not getting compile errors, may be because you have also deleted the
SystemTypeLookupService where they look up chain is constructed.

Daryoush

Axis
> > logs can be configured to do the same, so it is not longer needed.
> >

> > The other classes on this list are being used.  They are being used
in
> > ServiceControl now, but there is more ...
> >

> > The client side (ServiceControl) and the server side (WSM) both need
> > register and lookup types.    The first implementation of this
> > functionality (which still lives in WSM) was implemented in
AxisHook.
> > Anyone that examines this class would concluded that this class has
> > grown to be  way too complicated.    The problem with this class is
that
> > it does type mapping and Axis  service registration.  Each  by
itself is
> > somewhat complicated but together is a "too much".
> >

> > When we were writing the service control we needed the type mapping
> > again, and decided to do a new implementation of the type mapping
> > services by itself  for the ServiceControl with the intention to at
some
> > point fold it back to the WSM.   Meaning we would clean up the
AxisHook