beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: The web services system-control test suite
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 02:32:14 GMT
We needed this yesterday :)

Service control performs two main functions.  Generates JCX based on
WSDL, and use the WSDL and JCX interface to communicate with the
service.

I think the first test in service control should cover the JCX
generation.    The idea is that if the JCX that the service control
generates is correct, we are a long way there to be able to work with
the service.  Understanding the WSDL is the main complexity in service
control.

For JCX-generation phase of the testing we should not rely on the
wsm-samples like web services.  We have two choices either create
complex WSDLs by hand that cover complex cases, or alternatively select
a set of diverse WSDLs  from the existing services and make sure the JCX
file is accurate.  The test should generate the JCX for each of the
wsdls and the validation should validate the JCX method signatures, not
to send a message to it, just validate the JCX signature.

Once we are confident that we have good handle on WSDL->JCX mapping then
we should look at the messages where we need a running server.  For this
the wsm-sample would be a good starting point.

Daryoush