beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: beehive-717 and AxisFaults
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:34:20 GMT
The bug in the JIRA is for Axis to properly serialized AxisFaults, that
is the AxisFualts that Axis would generate if you do wsdl2Java or if you
write your own AxisFaults.

Until AxisFault serialization is fixed, you would not be able to throw
an AxisFault subclass from your JWS and except a correct serialization.
There is noting in our code that we do to work around this problem, we
are expecting Axis to fix its problem.

The AxisFaultAdaptor does something else.  It is an Adaptor for the user
defined exception to make it look like a fault that is generated from
Axis source code generation tools.  Because it is in the control of the
serialization it is not making the same errors as the generated
AxisFault does today.

FYI, if you look at the AxisFault class the
AxisFault.makeFault(Exception) ends up in the following method.
Essentially the only thing they do on a user defined exception is
"toString()" and not a real serialization as AxisFaultAdaptor does.

    /**
     * fill in soap fault details from the exception, unless
     * this object already has a stack trace in its details. Which,
given
     * the way this private method is invoked, is a pretty hard
situation to ever achieve.
     * This method adds classname of the exception and the stack trace.
     * @param target what went wrong
     */
    private void initFromException(Exception target)

Hope that helps.

Daryoush

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/apiDocs/org/apache/axis/AxisFault.html#ma