beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Feit <richf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: sporadic netui bvt failure related to CheckBoxGroup
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:19:48 GMT
Hey -- does anyone know what exactly the B39552 test is supposed to
verify?  The description for the test (in
netui/test/webapps/drt/testRecorder/config/testRecorder-tests.xml) is
"Verify that options data source may be contain null values", but none
of the options datasources in the page flow actually contain null
values.  On top of that, I think the sporadic failure may be due to the
fact that all three inputs (select, radio group, checkbox group) are
binding to the same form property.  In addition to that, the radio
button group is binding to an array when it should be binding to a
single value.  I can re-record the test with fixes, but I should
understand the original problem first.  :)

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Feit wrote:

> OK, thanks for the info -- I'll try that.  It's possible that the test
> was just recorded with some leftover state in the tag instance.
>
> Rich
>
> Eddie ONeil wrote:
>
>>  Yeah, I think your assessment is correct -- those should be reset in
>> localRelease which contains all of the un-initialization code for a
>> classic tag handler.
>>
>>  For the _state and _hiddenState variables, try calling "clear()" and
>> for the _writer, just null it out.
>>
>>  Not sure whether that will solve this specific problem, but that
>> should be the behavior of NetUI JSP tags.
>>
>> Eddie
>>

>> On 6/16/05, Rich Feit <richfeit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm seeing a sporadic failure of the 'B39552' test when running 'ant
>>> bvt' under netui.  Here is the diff between recorded/playback results:
>>>
>>>    R: <input type="hidden"
>>> name="wlw-checkbox_group_key:{actionForm.selectedItems}OldValue"
>>> value="true"><input type="checkbox"