beehive-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Feit <richard.f...@bea.com>
Subject Re: planning for future beehive releases and wsm
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:57:49 GMT
This sounds like a good plan to get us on moving on a stable version of
NetUI/Controls.  Given the discussion in the Incubator list, the word
"Incubator" should be *part* of the name of this release, to avoid any
impression that this is official ASF code.  This is just a stable set of
code that we can use to attract dev interest, and to get people involved
in our community in general.

If we're all in agreement, there are two things we should do fairly quickly:
    - Set up a JIRA category, and move bugs (even resolved ones) as
appropriate.
    - Figure out where code for this release lives (where/when to branch).

Any other thoughts about this?

Rich

Daryl Olander wrote:

>I'll give the base plan a +1...
>
>I think we should continue to produce a WSM/Service control
>distribution, that will roll into a real release of Beehive once the
>TCK is final...
>
>On 6/7/05, Steven Tocco <stocco@bea.com> wrote:
>

>>I think this is a sound plan.  It allows us to keep momentum and gets
>>good bits to people early and often.
>>
>>+1
>>
>>Steve

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

http://www.bea.com/events/june15