beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Semyan" <sem...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Error page within other page
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 21:49:25 GMT
The error is being generated down within a control being called by a
control being called by a control being called by a page flow ;-)
However, I think this error is being caught in the sharedflow here:

    @Jpf.ExceptionHandler(
        forwards={
            @Jpf.Forward(name="errorPage",
path="/resources/beehive/version1/jsps/error.jsp")
        }
    )
    protected Forward handleDataStoreException(DataStoreException ex,
String actionName, String message, Object form) {
        System.err.print("[" + getRequest().getContextPath() + "] ");
        System.err.println("DataStore exception caught in
SharedFlow.jpfs:");
        ex.printStackTrace();
        return new Forward("errorPage");
    }

Here is the full stack trace.

- PreparedStatement: insert into orders (userId, totalPrice, creditCard,
exprDate, cardType, status, shippingAddress, billingAddress) values (?,
?, ?, ?, ?, 'OK', ?, ?) Params: {beehive, 18.50, 098098, jgh, Visa, 1,
1}
- PreparedStatement: select max(orderId) from Orders where userId = ?
Params: {beehive}
- PreparedStatement: update Items set inventoryQuantity = ? where itemId
= ? Params: {1, EST-4}
- PreparedStatement: insert into orderitems values (?, ?, ?) Params: {2,
EST-4, 1}
- Attempting to instantiate SharedFlowControllers for request
/petstoreWeb/checkout/viewOrder.do
- PreparedStatement: select orderId, userId, orderDate, totalPrice,
creditCard,exprDate, cardType, status, shippingAddress, billingAddress
from Orders where orderId = ? and userId = ? Params: {2, beehive}
- PreparedStatement: select addressId, userId, name, phone, addr1,
addr2, city, state, zip, country from Addresses where addressId = ?
Params: {1}
- PreparedStatement: select addressId, userId, name, phone, addr1,
addr2, city, state, zip, country from Addresses where addressId = ?
Params: {1}
- PreparedStatement: select o.itemId, productId, listPrice, unitCost,
supplier, status, attr1, inventoryQuantity as Qty, o.quantity from
OrderItems o, Items i where o.orderId = ? and o.itemId = i.itemId
Params: {2}
- Label: expression null resolved to null, using empty string.
- Handling uncaught Throwable
org.apache.beehive.controls.api.ControlException
- Could not find exception handler method handleException for
org.apache.beehive.controls.api.ControlException.
- Could not find exception handler method handleException for
java.lang.RuntimeException.
[/petstoreWeb] Unhandled exception caught in SharedFlow.jpfs:
org.apache.beehive.controls.api.ControlException: SQL Exception while
attempting to close database connection.[Invalid transaction state.]
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcControlImpl.onRelease(JdbcCo
ntrolImpl.java:133)
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcControlImplInitializer$_reso
urceContextResourceEventsEventAdaptor.onRelease(JdbcControlImplInitializ
er.java:20)
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.runtime.bean.ResourceContextImpl.release(Res
ourceContextImpl.java:144)
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.runtime.bean.ControlContainerContext.release
Resources(ControlContainerContext.java:136)
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.runtime.bean.ControlContainerContext.endCont
ext(ControlContainerContext.java:64)
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.runtime.servlet.ServletBeanContext.endContex
t(ServletBeanContext.java:92)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.internal.JavaControlUtils.uninitialize
ControlContext(JavaControlUtils.java:85)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowPageFilter.doFilter(PageFlowPa
geFilter.java:224)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:186)
	at
erChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:704)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:590)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:510)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.tags.template.IncludeSection.callDefault(Includ
eSection.java:279)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.tags.template.IncludeSection.doStartTag(Include
Section.java:233)
	at
org.apache.jsp.site.template_jsp._jspx_meth_netui$1template_includeSecti
on_1(template_jsp.java:312)
	at
org.apache.jsp.site.template_jsp._jspx_meth_netui_body_0(template_jsp.ja
va:232)
	at
org.apache.jsp.site.template_jsp._jspx_meth_netui_html_0(template_jsp.ja
va:163)
	at
org.apache.jsp.site.template_jsp._jspService(template_jsp.java:86)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.ja
va:324)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:292)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:236)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:237)
	at
erChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowPageFilter.runPage(PageFlowPag
eFilter.java:279)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowPageFilter.doFilter(PageFlowPa
geFilter.java:204)
	at
tionFilterChain.java:186)
	at
erChain.java:157)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatc
her.java:704)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:590)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:510)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.tags.template.Template.doEndTag(Template.java:2
80)
	at
org.apache.jsp.checkout.viewOrder_jsp._jspx_meth_netui$1template_templat
e_0(viewOrder_jsp.java:232)
	at
org.apache.jsp.checkout.viewOrder_jsp._jspService(viewOrder_jsp.java:97)
[...]
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applicatio
nDispatcher.java:474)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:409)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispat
cher.java:312)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.internal.DefaultForwardRedirectHandler
.forward(DefaultForwardRedirectHandler.java:127)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.doForward(Pag
eFlowRequestProcessor.java:1750)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.processForwar
dConfig(PageFlowRequestProcessor.java:1624)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
231)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.processIntern
al(PageFlowRequestProcessor.java:591)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowRequestProcessor.process(PageF
lowRequestProcessor.java:852)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.AutoRegisterActionServlet.process(Auto
RegisterActionServlet.java:606)
	at
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.PageFlowActionServlet.process(PageFlow
ActionServlet.java:162)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
[...]
e.java:214)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardCon
textValve.java:198)
	at
e.java:152)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
	at
:137)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
	at
:118)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:102)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
	at
java:109)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:5
20)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:79
9)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:57
7)
	at
.java:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: SQL
Exception: Invalid transaction state.
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Util.java)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Util.java)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.newSQLException(EmbedConnecti
on.java)
	at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.close(EmbedConnection.java)
	at
org.apache.beehive.controls.system.jdbc.JdbcControlImpl.onRelease(JdbcCo
ntrolImpl.java:131)
	... 104 more