beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Kaufman" <mkauf...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Oneway and WebResult
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:04:35 GMT

I don't understand how it is possible for a jws to able to be deployed, but hasn't been semantically
validated.  Isn't it the case that "processing" a jws file enforces semantic rules as well
as generates the artifacts necessary to deploy & run?

That said, the mutual exclusivity of oneway & webresult should be an error in the compile-time
semantic validation.  As a sanity check, if a jws ever comes through that includes both oneway
& webresult, there should be an exception, either during deployment, or when the erroneous
method is executed.

Mike