beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Oneway and WebResult
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:54:51 GMT
The IDE that you use may or may not be 181 aware.

You are correct, if you use an IDE that is 181 aware then the
compile-time semantic validation process will flag the errors.

My question is more concerning the deployment phase.  If you drop a file
that didn't pass the semantic check (at least in this case) should the
server make some assumption (e.g oneway takes precedence over
webresult), print warning messages,  and just go ahead with deployment,
or throw and exception an fail the deployment all together.

daryoush

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kaufman
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 9:05 AM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: RE: Oneway and WebResult

I don't understand how it is possible for a jws to able to be deployed,
but hasn't been semantically validated.  Isn't it the case that
"processing" a jws file enforces semantic rules as well as generates the
artifacts necessary to deploy & run?

That said, the mutual exclusivity of oneway & webresult should be an
error in the compile-time semantic validation.  As a sanity check, if a
jws ever comes through that includes both oneway & webresult, there
should be an exception, either during deployment, or when the erroneous
method is executed.

Mike