beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Merz" <mm...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Oneway and WebResult
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:57:48 GMT

From: Daryoush Mehrtash
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 7:41 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: RE: Oneway and WebResult

What should the correct behavior be?

If a method has @WebResult and @OneWay we can either:

a) ignore webresult
b) ignore oneway
c) throw an exception

There are two use cases to consider:
	1)  IDE
	2)  Server

In the IDE case validation process (TBD) can report the error.

In the Server case (e.g. .jws that is deployed to the axis) we need to
consider the case were the .jws file was developed in an editor that
didn't enforce the 181 semantics.  Should we refuse to deploy the file,
or just give a warning message and ignore either webresult, or oneway?

Daryoush