beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Daryoush Mehrtash" <dmehr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Oneway and WebResult
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 02:41:02 GMT

What should the correct behavior be?

If a method has @WebResult and @OneWay we can either:

a) ignore webresult
b) ignore oneway
c) throw an exception

There are two use cases to consider:
	1)  IDE
	2)  Server

In the IDE case validation process (TBD) can report the error.

In the Server case (e.g. .jws that is deployed to the axis) we need to
consider the case were the .jws file was developed in an editor that
didn't enforce the 181 semantics.  Should we refuse to deploy the file,
or just give a warning message and ignore either webresult, or oneway?

Daryoush

-----Original Message-----
From: wolfgang127us@yahoo.co.jp [mailto:wolfgang127us@yahoo.co.jp]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 6:25 PM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: Re: Oneway and WebResult

Hello Jonathan, David.

Thank you for responding to my silly questions everytime.

I wanna make sure one more thing.
The WebResult and Oneway annotations can appear on the same method ?
I mean no exceptions will be thrown.
(The current codes seem to allow it. WebServiceMETHODMetadata doesn't
handle
that kinda situation.)

Like your previous mails , even though the WebResult annotation appears,

the WebResult annotation will be ignored if the Oneway annotation also
appears
on the same method.

Is it true ?

Thanks in advance.