beehive-dev mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Colwell" <jcolw...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Oneway and WebResult
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:28:19 GMT

invocation.

thanks,

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: David Read
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 9:19 AM
To: Beehive Developers
Subject: RE: Oneway and WebResult

I think the use of Oneway has a specific meaning in configuring the WSDL
message pattern to use for the operation.  A Java method that returns
"void" can either be a request-response message with empty response or a
one-way (i.e. fire and forget). Without an annotation, there's no way to
produce both message patterns (in the generated WSDL).  Based on the
wording in the JSR181 spec,  I'd assume that the absence of Oneway means
request-response.  With the Oneway "marker" annotation, the message
pattern would be one-way.  It would be nice if the spec had a WSDL
fragment in this section to make the usage more clear.

The WebResult seems to only be necessary if you want to change the
element name of the return or the targetnamespace of the return value.