beehive-dev mailing list archives

From wolfgang12...@yahoo.co.jp
Subject Re: Looking for source directories
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:12:41 GMT
Hi Eddie.

>   One thing that's curious is the need to have the "junit.jar" in the
> shell's classpath -- this shouldn't be necessary.  Why did you need to
> add it?  What are your JDK and Ant versions?

The "junit.jar" is not in the SHELL's classpath, but in the ANT's classpath.
I meant the junit.jar must reside in the ANT_HOME/lib directory.

Ant's doc says------------------
Remember that for JAR files to be visible to Ant tasks implemented
in ANT_HOME/lib, the files must be in the same directory or on the
classpath
--------------------------------

It's weird that building and testing worked fine on Linux without doing that
kinda stuff.
But somehow it required a junit.jar in ANT's classpath on eclipse + Win2K.

I'm using jdk-1_5_0-beta3-bin-b60-windows-i586-28_jul_2004.exe (latest one)
and the version of ANT is 1.6.2 as specified by BEEHIVE_HOME/BUILDING.txt.

>   When you say "tomcat is stuck", how far do the tests get?  For help
> getting going with the NetUI tests, you might start here:
>
>         http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/NetUI/Testing
>
> which describes how the test infrastructure starts / stops Tomcat and
> give some hints at how to diagnose trouble.

Thanks for giving me a path.

Thanks in advance.

wolfgang