beam-user mailing list archives

From Phil Franklin <phillip.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Beam Metrics questions
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2018 16:10:30 GMT
Hi again, Etienne!  You didn’t mention whether spark is reporting committed values now, but
you also didn’t mention opening a ticket concerning the spark output.  Am I right in inferring
that spark does in fact report committed values?

Thanks!
-Phil

On 2018/11/30 13:57:43, Etienne Chauchot <e...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,>
> Thanks for using MetricsPusher and Beam in general ! >
> - MetricsHttpSink works that way: it filters out committed metrics from the json output
when committed metrics are not>
> supported.  I checked, Flink runner still does not support committed metrics. So there
should be no committed metrics>
> values in the output json.There might be a bug. I'll open a ticket: thx for pointing
out ! You tested on flink and spark>
> right? and both output committed metrics values right?>
> - there is no default mechanism to fallback committed metrics values on attempted ones>

> - Apache Flink does no make flink Accumulators available in detached mode, so indeed,
metrics are not available in this>
> mode.>
> CCing dev list.>
> Etienne>
> Le lundi 26 novembre 2018 à 15:57 -0600, Phil Franklin a écrit :>
> > All of the discussion I’ve seen says that Flink and Spark only provided attempted
metric values, but when I use>
> > MetricsHttpSink and look at the JSON it has both attempted and committed values
(albeit, both the same for my simple>
> > testing).  Has the metrics processing been updated recently, and I’m just missing
the change updates?  Or are the>
> > committed values being defaulted to the attempted values? >
> > >
> > Also, I’ve seen it mentioned that Flink doesn’t report metrics when in detached
mode.  Is this still the case?>