beam-user mailing list archives

From Griselda Cuevas <g...@google.com>
Subject October Apache Beam Newsletter
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 18:38:45 GMT
Hi Apache Beam Community,

Our first Apache Beam Newsletter is here!, I'm sharing a table of contents
of what's in this edition, which covers everything that has happened in the
project from June 2017 until October 2017.

You can find the full content in this Google Doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BbpQne-9ng93G-_-UKH2C4UNafcEQcLALtu38qsXfI8/edit?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

* * * * * October 2017 Newsletter Table of Contents * * * * *

>> What's Been Done
- Beam SQL DSL APIs
- Nexmark
- Splittable DoFn
- Improvements to reading and writing files
- Improvements to BigQueryIO
- New I/O connectors
- Docker development images and reproducible-builds
- Website updates: New Beam Execution Model page & the Mobile Gaming
Walkthrough was updated w/ new sample code for Python

>> What We Are Working On
- Portability
- Splittable DoFn for Python SDK
- Website: Improve CoGroupByKey docs & website navigation/usability

>> What's Planned
- FileIO.write()

>>  New Members (Welcome!)
- Daniel Harper, BBC, London (UK)

>>  Talks & Meetups
- Talks @ YOW Data Sydney and Strata NY
- Meetups @ London & dinner in NY
- Speakers & Meetup Founders group

>>  Resources
- Capability Matrix
- Contribution Guide
- Featured talk & sample intro talk deck