beam-user mailing list archives

From Csaba Kassai <csaba.kas...@doctusoft.com>
Subject Missing getOptions on Pipeline class
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 15:52:39 GMT
Hi,

we are currently migrating our pipelines written with the 1.9.x (pre-beam)
Dataflow Java SDK to the 2.0.0 version which is based on the 2.0.0 Beam SDK.
One change which cases a lot of headache is that getOptions method was
removed from the Pipeline class.
We used this method a lot during constructing the pipelines, for example in
composite PTransforms like this:

class MyTransform extends PTransform<PCollection<String>, PDone> {

   public PDone apply(PCollection<String> input) {
     PipelineOptions options = input.getPipeline().getOptions();
  }
}

Could you tell me what was the motivation for removing this method from the
pipeline?
Is there a nicer way to get the options inside a composite transformation,
than to pass it via the constructor?

Thanks,
Csabi