beam-user mailing list archives

From Rune Fevang <fev...@exabel.com>
Subject Modify default command line options
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 12:44:27 GMT
I'd like to modify my pipeline to default to run in Dataflow, but still be
settable to a different runner on the command line. As far as I can tell
there's no way of doing this outside of parsing the command line myself:

- Creating my own extended PipelineOptions class with a different @Default
annotation doesn't work, it fails with a message saying @Default must match
between PipelineOptions classes.
- Calling options.setRunner() doesn't work, as it will override whatever is
on the command line, and as far as I can tell there's no way of doing this
before parsing the command line.
- Calling options.getRunner() and only setting the runner when it's the
default makes it so you can no longer use the DirectRunner, as there's no
way of telling the difference between an unset option and one set to
DirectRunner explicitly.

Am I missing something? And if not is this a use-case it makes sense to
accommodate?

Thanks,
Rune