beam-user mailing list archives

From Dan Halperin <dhalp...@apache.org>
Subject Re: weird serialization issue on beam 2.0.0rc2
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 23:42:00 GMT
Hi Anthony,

I'm a little confused by your code snippet:

SerializableUtils.serializeToByteArray(
    input.apply(ParDo.of(new NonGenericOutput<>())).apply("passing",
View.asSingleton())
);

is serializing a PCollectionView object. Those are not necessarily
serializable and it's not clear that it makes sense to do this at all.

Can you say more about what you're trying to do?

Thanks,
Dan