beam-user mailing list archives

From Tobias Feldhaus <Tobias.Feldh...@localsearch.ch>
Subject Documentation: Side Input and Outputs
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:51:28 GMT
Hello,

It seems like the documentation [0] about side in- and outputs has missed some
refactoring of the code. I can’t find Max.MaxIntFn() for example, but there is a
new Max.ofIntegers() method that looks like it matches it.

I would love to improve the documentation via a pull-request, but I don’t
understand this concept well enough to feel confident doing so, yet.

My intention is to get a

	PCollectionView<Long> numOfDays

Which holds the number of elements (days) of a given PCollection<DateTime> dates,
and building it via a sum of counts (as a SingletonView).

Something that corresponds in my head to *wrong*:

	dates.apply("Count", Count.globally().asSingletonView());

Is it possible to access the side input outside of a DoFn?

Tobias

[0] https://beam.apache.org/documentation/programming-guide/#transforms-sideio