beam-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>
Subject Re: Support for sorting output in Beam?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 15:00:23 GMT
There is not explicit support for sorting in the Beam model today because
the problem space is large and typically the usecases people have generally
suffice to do a global combine and sort in memory or do a combine per key
with a radix like scheme and sort each radix individually.

Can you give more details about your usecase?
Maybe you don't need to do any sorting or there is an alternative.