beam-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Beam 0.3.0-incubating Released
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:49:18 GMT
Hello Everyone,
I'm very pleased to announce that we just release a new version. Ideally,
you should just have to update your Maven POMs, update your code and be
good to go.

This is still very much a learning release where we are not releasing a
specific new feature set. Nevertheless, these are some of the additions
compared to version 0.2.0-incubating:

 * New-Style DoFn API: The old DoFnWithContext is now DoFn and the former
DoFn is now OldDoFn (deprecated). The new API will allow great new
additions such as user facing state/timer APIs and the splittable DoFn.
 * New connectors: We added a bunch of new connectors, the most prominent
among these are for Kinesis, JDBC and MongoDB

Cheers,
Aljoscha