beam-user mailing list archives

From amir bahmanyari <amirto...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Graceful termination of pipeline at runtime
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 00:16:18 GMT
Thanks Eugene...I see it in the packageĀ org.apache.beam.sdk.Ay code example on accurately
using it pls?ThanksAmir-

      From: Eugene Kirpichov <kirpichov@google.com>
 To: amir bahmanyari <amirtousa@yahoo.com>; "user@beam.incubator.apache.org" <user@beam.incubator.apache.org>

 Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:07 PM
 Subject: Re: Graceful termination of pipeline at runtime

You need to use a non-blocking runner where p.run() returns immediately.It returns a PipelineResult
(https://github.com/apache/incubator-beam/blob/master/sdks/java/core/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/PipelineResult.java)
which provides cancel() and other operations.
On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM amir bahmanyari <amirtousa@yahoo.com> wrote:

While still running [p.run()], is there a way to terminate a pipleline p.x based on a condition
for instance?I didnt see any related api like p.terminate() or similar...ThanksAmir-