beam-user mailing list archives

From Emanuele Cesena <emanu...@shopkick.com>
Subject Issues with simple KafkaIO-read pipeline -- where to write?
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:04:19 GMT
Hi,

I wrote a while ago about a simple example I was building to test KafkaIO:
https://github.com/ecesena/beam-starter/blob/master/src/main/java/com/dataradiant/beam/examples/StreamWordCount.java

Issues with Flink should be fixed now, and I’m try to run the example on master and Flink
1.1.2.
I’m currently getting:
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Write can only be applied to a Bounded PCollection

What is the recommended way to go here?
- is there a way to create a bounded collection from an unbounded one?
- is there a plat to let TextIO write unbounded collections?
- is there another recommended “simple sink” to use?

Thank you much!

Best,
--
Emanuele Cesena, Data Eng.