beam-user mailing list archives

From Dumi Loghin <dumilog...@gmail.com>
Subject Flink Wordcount example on single node "No runner was specified"
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 08:47:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run Wordcount example on Flink single node but I'm getting
this error:

~/incubator-beam/runners/flink/examples$ mvn exec:exec
-Dinput=/home/hadoop/kinglear.txt -Doutput=wc-out.txt -Drunner=FlinkRunner
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Runner
was specified and the DirectRunner was not found on the classpath.
Specify a runner by either:
    Explicitly specifying a runner by providing the 'runner' property
    Adding the DirectRunner to the classpath
    Calling 'PipelineOptions.setRunner(PipelineRunner)' directly
at
org.apache.beam.sdk.options.PipelineOptions$DirectRunner.create(PipelineOptions.java:282)
at
org.apache.beam.sdk.options.PipelineOptions$DirectRunner.create(PipelineOptions.java:273)
at
org.apache.beam.sdk.options.ProxyInvocationHandler.getDefault(ProxyInvocationHandler.java:482)
at
org.apache.beam.sdk.options.ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(ProxyInvocationHandler.java:157)
at
org.apache.beam.sdk.options.PipelineOptionsValidator.validate(PipelineOptionsValidator.java:72)
at
org.apache.beam.sdk.options.PipelineOptionsFactory$Builder.as(PipelineOptionsFactory.java:306)
at org.apache.beam.runners.flink.examples.WordCount.main(WordCount.java:106)

I've tried with -Drunner=FlinkRunner and without it and I get the same
error. Moreover, the runner is also set in the source:

options.setRunner(FlinkRunner.class);

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Dumi