beam-user mailing list archives

From amir bahmanyari <amirto...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [FlinkRunner] Exception "Insufficient number of network buffers" thrown from time to time.
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 17:18:45 GMT
Hi Colleagues,I get the same time-to-time issue with Beam FlinkRunner in a Flink cluster (2
nodes).Also, 98% of the time, all happens in only one node (no LB in the cluster).FYI.ThanksAmir-

      From: Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org>
 To: user@beam.incubator.apache.org
 Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:22 AM
 Subject: Re: [FlinkRunner] Exception "Insufficient number of network buffers" thrown from
time to time.

The number of network buffers is a parameter one sometimes need to configure in Flink.
For Flink's own API, you can explicitly create a LocalStreamExecutionEnvironment from a configuration
and use that one for the execution.
For the FlinkRunner in Beam, it would make sense to be able to pass an ExecutionEnvironment
object to use for the program execution.Then the fix would be to create a LocalStreamExecutionEnvironment
from a config and pass that to the Flink Runner.