beam-user mailing list archives

From Emanuele Cesena <emanu...@shopkick.com>
Subject Re: Beam presentation materials
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 23:59:21 GMT
tl;dr: I’m with Frances, Beam.
My 2 cents. Having worked for 2 companies that tried to write their name lowercase, I strongly
recommend to give up and just call it Beam. It’s a lost battle, nobody (especially press)
will ever stick with the lowercase name. In addition, you’d have to distinguish at-the-begin
or in-the-middle of a sentence. The logo is another story, it’s just a picture, so it can
stay beam lowercase.

> On May 31, 2016, at 4:38 PM, Frances Perry <fjp@google.com> wrote:
>
> Here's a link to the standard project logos and colors: http://beam.incubator.apache.org/material/

> So yes, the logo with 'beam' in it includes a small 'b'. I tend to use a large 'B' when
capitalizing Beam as a proper noun in text though. Do others do differently?

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Ismaël Mejía <iemejia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> *annoying question alert*
>
> I just came back to this thread with the recent mentions on recent Beam presentations,
and after looking at the website I had one question. The official Beam logo is with a big
'B' or with a small 'b' ?

> The image in the website has a small b in the text and I want to be sure I use the correct
way.
> https://beam.incubator.apache.org/images/beam_logo_navbar.png
>
> One additional question, is there any place where I can find a vectorial version of the
logo (svg), and additionally, what is the font used in the text of the image I mentioned,
is this the 'official' font.

> Thanks,
> Ismaël
>

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 2:05 AM, Frances Perry <fjp@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Beamers!
>
> We've started a set of shared Beam presentation materials:
>
> http://beam.incubator.apache.org/presentation-materials/
>
> Feel free to use these slides if you give a talk about Beam. And definitely speak up
if you have feedback or suggestions on other useful topics.