beam-user mailing list archives

From Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>
Subject Re: Serving web pages with Beam pipelines?
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:30:55 GMT
Since Beam is all about being able to distribute work, you'll need an HTTP
request/response system where the response can be given from any machine.
This will most likely require some device/service which holds connections
open for you which you can connect back to serve the response. You would
need to have a custom source which "streams" requests from this device and
a custom sink that "streams" back responses. Beam currently is lacking
support for custom unbounded sinks but as always, anything can be done with
ParDo even if it shouldn't.